Badges 'n Buttons

Photobucket
Pagan Blog Project 2012
The Secret Life of the American Working Witch
ThePaganMomBlog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Pagan Blog Project Week 5: C is for Chanting

Posted by Tala Friday, March 2, 2012

Continuing in my catching up with the Pagan Blog Project:

The first Pagan chant I ever heard is a long-time favorite of mine which I mentioned in my blog post about Brighid.  Before then whenever I'd read about chants, like how to incorporate them into ritual or I'd see the lyrics for a chant, I was still left going "?????".   I didn't know what a Pagan chant comprised of.  I had very vague knowledge of Buddhist chants, I knew of Gregorian chants, which I am very fond of, but Pagan chants?  That was something I had absolutely no clue.

I first heard Libana's "The Earth The Air The Fire The Water" over a year ago and I absolutely fell in love with it.  So simple and yet so vividly beautiful.  Like I said in my last post, it has that haunting beauty that reminds me of being in a richly lush forest.

Another favorite (and I have yet to meet any Pagan that doesn't favor this) is "We All Come From The Goddess".   I have many more favorites, including my absolute most favorite CD at this time,  "Moon Chants" by Marie Bruce.

Not only are the songs and chants absolutely soothing and beautiful, they are also aligned to the seasons of the year and in the insert there are suggestions as to what part of ritual they could be included.

I've yet to use any chants in ritual unless it's for background music, but I'd like to at some point.

I love the energy that chanting brings.  Of all Pagan music, chants are my favorite, though I also love regular pagan music like Kellianna and Jenna Greene.  Jenna, on her most recent album "Wild Earth Child" has the most BEAUTIFUL song to Brighid that I've ever heard and it is entitled "Brigid".

"Brigid" by Jenna Greene

You can listen to it and read the lyrics at that link.  It is a GORGEOUS song and I highly recommend Jenna's music.

All in all, I absolutely adore Pagan music, especially chants.  As I said, I love the energy that they bring and how they connect me to the Divine and allow me to express my love for them.  Much like Christians like having their worship music, so does this Busy Pagan.


4 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I love this post, I'll have to check out the cd mentioned.

     
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. Very nice! Love the blog too - very clean and uncluttered. :)

     
  5. Tala Says:
  6. Thank you! :-) Definitely check them out. You'd love them!

     
  7. Tala Says:
  8. Thank you so much! :-D

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Tala
I'm a Pagan college student, mother, and girlfriend studying to be a Paralegal. And somewhere in the midst of all this I somehow need to find the time to keep pursuing my goal to be a practicing Witch and not just a book-read one. Whew!
View my complete profile