Badges 'n Buttons

Photobucket
Pagan Blog Project 2012
The Secret Life of the American Working Witch
ThePaganMomBlog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Pagan Blog Project – Week 3: B is for Ritual Bath

Posted by Tala Sunday, January 22, 2012


Ok, ok. I kind of horked this idea from one of my LiveJournal friends. Lenni had written about how she takes a ritual bath every night before she goes to bed and how she uses it as a time for communing with the gods, cleansing away all the crap from the day, etc. I'm not gonna lie: I'm not a shower-every-day kind of girl. But the idea of taking a nice, soothing bath every night before bed? Love!
However, I seriously need to start trying to find a way to manage my time better. I very much lack good time management skills, which really sucks. I might not be as much of a Busy Pagan if I were to set up a good time management plan and stick to it. Seriously, people, I need better organizational skills.
Even Druid, bless his heart, has tried getting me to stick to a schedule for doing things and……well, I kinda bombed at it. >.< Ugh. I get so stuck on something I'm doing or I allow myself too much laziness and it all goes to hades.
Buuuuuuut, getting back to the topic at hand: I know I would have many benefits from setting the time aside every night to have a bath. I think it would go a long way to helping deal with stress and improving my health, I think it would give me a lot of much-needed time with God and Goddess. I'd even love to learn how to make some herbal washes like what Rowan Pendragon was describing in the Newsletter she issued for the PBP for this week. I've wanted to get a coffee brewer for the express purpose of brewing herbal infusions and other things of the like, but that's something else that's going to have to wait.
Really, though, I could use my electric kettle for such things and let the herbs steep in a loose-leaf tea ball (need to buy one of those, though).
Tala

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I used to take a bath "almost" every night just to relax from a day at the job, and was pre-Paganism for me and it is VERY relaxing. Now that I'm Pagan seeking a path, might be a good idea to start again! :) Great post!

     
  3. Tala Says:
  4. I finally got to take one last night and OMG it was exactly what I needed!! ^_^ I had my laptop in the room with me so I could listen to some Pagan tunes and relax and just imagine all the crap from the day just melting away to go down the drain.

     

Post a Comment