Badges 'n Buttons

Photobucket
Pagan Blog Project 2012
The Secret Life of the American Working Witch
ThePaganMomBlog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

44 DOW: Day 4 - Picture of Nature (Water Element)

Posted by Tala Monday, January 30, 2012

I know I keep lagging behind on the 44 DOW, but there has been, as usual, so much crap going on you wouldn't believe it.  House-hunting right now?  Ugh.  But something good will come our way.  I'm sure of it.

Anywho, getting on with it, the topic for day 4 is to post a picture of something in Nature.  The focus is to have the focus as being on the element of Water (anyone feel like giving me a resounding "Duuuuuuuh" yet? XD)

Water is my most favorite element.  I may be an air/earth sign (I'm on a cusp) but I'm a hardcore water baby.  I love rivers, lakes, and the ocean.  Especially the ocean.

I'm a total mountain girl, born and raised.  I've lived without them for the better part of 10 years, not even getting to see them or visit them; always stuck with the flat of the land against the globe of the sky.  But I gotta tell ya, someday I'd like to live in a place where I have both the mountains AND the sea at my fingertips.  For now, though?  I'm as contented as a fat, spoiled housecat to be back home in my beloved Colorado.

It's been over 10 years since I've laid my eyes on any oceans.  I'm hoping that a trip to Florida to visit more of my family isn't out of the question for sometime in the near future or out to the opposite end of the country to visit a dear friend of mine that I haven't gotten to see in almost a decade.  She won't go anywhere near the ocean, though.

I've longed to stand on an ocean beach, my toes digging into the silky sand, and just get to watch the full moon over the waters like in that picture up there.  I won't go in the water at night except for, perhaps, to wade. As much as my soul rests equally with the sea as it does with the mountains, I have enough respect for the ocean and her creatures to not risk night-time swimming.  Especially if I can't see what might be in the water with me.

Lakes, for me, are a blessed oasis.  They're not the ocean, but they're their own brand of sea-like solitude.  A lake nestled against a backdrop of mountains and as many spring-time wildflowers as you could ever hope to see interspersed with the green of lush grasses is one of my ideas of paradise.

This picture is of one of my favorite lakes in the whole world.  This is Williams Creek Reservoir.  I've been here a few times, but my favorite occurrence was when my brother took me out here.  I was about 13 and we came and spent a few hours by the lake with his big Rottweiler, Kelly.  And it was just as gorgeous as what I'd described earlier.  We could see the mountains off in the background, the lake was perfectly beautiful, and there were wildflowers EVERYWHERE. 

So there ya go.  ^_^  (I know: Not exactly the most brilliant of closings to a blog post, but bear with me -- I'm sick and my brain isn't exactly firing on all cylinders right now.)

1 Responses to 44 DOW: Day 4 - Picture of Nature (Water Element)

  1. anarchist Says:
  2. Hi,

    Apologies for the off-topic comment, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.

    I recently put out an ebook of my writing, called 'The New Death and others'. It's a collection of short pieces, mostly dark fantasy.

    I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a review on your blog.

    If so, please email me: news@apolitical.info. Let me know what file format is easiest for you, and I'll send you a free copy.

    You can download a sample from the ebook's page on Smashwords:

    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/92126

    I'm also happy to do interviews, guest posts, or giveaways. Just let me know what you'd prefer.

    Yours,
    James.

     

Post a Comment